Frequently Asked Questions
Wize Books do not buy your textbooks from you - WE SELL THEM ON YOUR BEHALF, taking merely a R20 commission per book if and when we manage to sell it.
The process entails:
- Currently our Second Hand Department only cater for UP Prescribed books as we are situated next to Tukkies and are limited with space.
- Bring your books to the Wize Books second hand department before commencement of the new semester. The week prior to the start of the semester will allow us more time to sell it and increases the chances of it selling.
- Please only bring books that are still in-use or prescribed
- The friendly Wize Book employees will assist to you to determine a suitable selling price for each of your books based on the condition of the books. The price remains your decision.
- Once all your books are booked in with a price that you are happy with, we will provide you with a 'Book-In voucher' Please note: You will need to keep this safe in order to collect your money when it has sold — it is and remain the student’s responsibility to keep this document safe and it is advisable to upload it into the cloud/to take a photo for personal records.
- Wize Books will keep your books in our store, looking after them and actively trying to sell them for you - we have over 2000 students visiting our shop daily so it might sell even a couple of minutes after being booked in.
- If one or all of your books are sold you will receive an sms, notifying you when the next pay-out will be for you to bring your Book-In Voucher along to Wize Books to receive your money. You will however need to collect your money in person and you need to come during the specified hours that will be stipulated in the SMS. If you cannot collect or send someone on your behalf, you may request an EFT at an additional R50 admin fee.
- Wize Books charge a commission of R20 per book.
- If any of your books do not sell, we will notify you via sms to collect them. If you do not collect them within 2 weeks, they will be donated.
- Add all the items you would like to be quoted on into your cart and proceed to checkout.
- Place the order by choosing the last payment option - “(EFT)” and then click on “Place Order”. No, it will not require you to make any payment it will just generate a preliminary quotation that will be emailed to you.
- Now click on “Account” in the top header of the website.
- Look for the order you just placed and click on “Print”. You can “Print to PDF” which will download the document. This will serve as a pro-forma invoice/ a quote.
- Add all the items you would like to be quoted on/order into your cart and checkout.
- Place the order by choosing your preferred payment option.
In store: Cash or Card (we accept all debit and credit cards except for “American Express” and 'Diners Club') We also accept NSFAS and FUNDI as a payment method. Note: No discounts will be given for cash payments.
Online: Instant EFT via Ozow, Mobicred, Credit Cards, Chip and Pin Debit Cards, EFT into our ABSA account and last but not least, cash deposits.
Should you opt for ABSA (EFT), our bank details will be emailed to you together with the EXACT reference number you MUST use. Please use only this exact reference number as your order will be delayed or indefinitely delayed if you do not use the correct reference.
- Log in to view your Order History
- Click the 'View' button to see the details of the order for which you would like to update the delivery address
- To the right of the “Delivery Details” section, (if your order is still allowed to amend the delivery details) you will see a “pencil” icon which will allow you to edit the delivery address. Note this button does not show for Collect-In-Store orders, or when an order has already been dispatched.
- You will see a new section open below called 'dit Address'
- Select a pre-existing address, or create a new address to use for the delivery
- Click on 'Update Order' to complete the process! You will receive a confirmation message on screen, and the page will refresh to show the updated information